At TC Electronic, bass gear is developed for bass players by bass players. We have accumulated years and years of live and recording experience - hard-earned experience we've harvested out there on the road and in studios. After countless hours of playing, tweaking, listening - well, living bass, we truly understand your needs and desires when it comes to gigs, rehearsals and studio work. We're proud to bring you RH450 - the bass innovation that will define Bass Amp 2.0.
Playing any instrument on its own can be a little dull, but everyone needs time to practice, which is why RH450 has rehearsal inputs. This rear panel-mounted feature allows you to plug in your iPod, phone, computer or MP3 player via the supplied mini-jack to RCA cable adapter for easy practicing and playing along with recorded music. The headphone amp is a high quality model taken straight from TC Electronic's Studio Konnekt 48 and includes a speaker filter on the bass signal.
Every bass player needs a tuner, but virtually no other amp offers anything other than a 'tuner out' feature - until now. Simply push the Mute button to get a full-resolution tuner 'light ring' to help you tune your instrument quickly and accurately. You can also use the RC4 for easy remote access to this functionality.
On board User Memories
You might not use presets, but only because you've never had the chance! Anyone who's used different basses on stage knows that a few user memories on your amp would be welcome. With RH450 you can easily switch between, for example, your 4- and 5-string basses, or your Rickenbacker and Fender Jazz. Just plug in the bass and use the 'car radio' style Store & Recall controls to easily switch between presets for your chosen model. There are three bass user memories, remote control access and visual indicators for Mute and the Tuner.
Flexible Tone Control
Straightforward controls like you know them from traditional amps. Voiced to give you plenty of tweaking options to nail the perfect tone. Chances are that this is all you're ever gonna need. However, if you're not fully satisfied with the default frequency areas, fear not - we've given you the option to change the focus of each of the tone controls.
The nerdy term for this feature is semi-parametric bands, but let's just refer to it as 'hidden parameters' or 'the magnifying glass'. It allows you to pinpoint a frequency you either want to remove or boost for each tone control and then store the settings.
Most transistor designs have tried to replicate the tube sound using one small pre-amp tube, but they generally fail as they don't take into account the crucial characteristics of the full pre-amp and power amp sections - both of which are essential to the sound. TubeTone emulates all characteristics to deliver the full tube sound.
Most bass players know that integrated compressors generally don't sound that good. A regular compressor tends to be dominated by the lower string, but RH450's SpectraComp technology allows virtually 'per string' multi-band compression that evens out the compression across all strings.
RH450 Tech Specs
- Input connector: 1/4" jack
- Input impedance: 1 Mohm / 100 pF
- Gain range: -96 to 32dB
- Tone control: Bass - Center Freq: 280Hz (range: 71-1120Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB), Low Mid - Center Freq: 400Hz (range: 100-1600Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB), High Mid - Center Freq: 800Hz (range: 200-3150Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB), Treble - Center Freq: 1600Hz (range: 400-6300Hz, Gain: +12/-24dB)
- Tube Tone: 0 to12, Tube amp Recreation
- Spectra Comp: 3 band Spectral Compression
- Preset Level: -12 dB to 0 gain attenuation
- User Memories: 3 memory locations storing all front panel controls except Mute & Master Level
- Speaker out: Combined Speakon / 1/4" jack
- Power rating: 450w (800w Peak)
- Balanced output: Transformer Balanced XLR, Pre/Post Pre-amp
- Max. Output: +0dBu
- Optimal Load Impedance: 600 Ohm
- Preamp out: 1/4" Jack, Balanced Output, Max Output Level = +8dBu
- Power amp in: 1/4" Jack, balanced input, impedance = 10 kOhm, Max Input Level = +8dBu