The Game Has Been Changed - KRONOS is more than a new instrument. It is a milestone in synthesis and workstation evolution; one that embodies fresh ideas and breakthrough technologies. KRONOS brings together multiple sound engines working in harmony and new interactive performance features that reflect the way musicians play. Most importantly, KRONOS provides a seemingly inexhaustible supply of breathtaking, spectacular sounds. Prepare to be amazed.
Nine Engines; a Universe of Sound
KRONOS unites nine individual synthesis engines in a single instrument, each providing the finest sound creation techniques available. Together, they represent not only the rich legacy of Korg, but the history of the electronic keyboard industry itself. Get ready for classic sounds from timeless instruments; unique sounds that once startled the world; and new sounds that have only now become possible.
The Next-Generation Workstation for Live, Production, and Sound Design
The KRONOS Music Workstation is the single instrument designed for live performing musicians; for artists creating in a studio or computer-based production environment; and for musicians and sound designers seeking the ultimate synthesizer. In creating KRONOS, we have listened to many musicians and have heard their requests. And KRONOS delivers.
LIVE - for the performing keyboard player
KRONOS provides the absolute finest in keyboard sounds; accurate and responsive to the player's technique. The expansive control surface offers joysticks, sliders, knobs, switches, a ribbon controller, assignable pedal inputs, and of course our improved resolution color TouchView display. New additions include our easy-to-use Set List mode for song-specific and gig-ready sound selection, and our Smooth Sound Transition feature. Plus, Korg have included their finest RH3 keybed on both the 73 and 88 key models for a solid performance; the 61 key enjoys the responsive action shared with the Korg M3-61.
PRODUCTION - satisfying the producer, music director, and musician
For many, the studio is where the work gets done; from laying down tracks, to building up grooves for an on-stage extravaganza, to delivering the soundtrack for today's media rich world. For these creative leaders, Korg has equipped the KRONOS Music Workstation's sequencer with 16-track MIDI tracks plus 16 audio tracks, Korg's Open Sampling System, dazzling hi-fidelity effects, as well as flawless plug-in integration with many popular DAW platforms. Of course, KRONOS is equipped with phenomenal sound, dynamic drums, and an impressive array of premium sound effects. Add to that the ability to use KARMA, the Drum Track, and the sequencer's RPPR to greatly speed up and enrich the music creation process.
SYNTHESIS - programming joy for the enthusiast and sound designer
In addition to being Korg's premier workstation, KRONOS has it in its blood to satisfy the programmer, sound designer, and synthesizer enthusiast; the musician who dreams of turning visions of the cosmos into sound, of tweaking parameters to conjure invisible sounds from the ether. KRONOS rekindles Korg?s founding dream that is at the core of synthesis: the exhilaration and enjoyment of creating new sounds, sounds never before heard! A variety of exclusive Korg technologies drive the synth engines to provide astounding results - VMT (Virtual Memory Technology); CMT (Component Modeling Technology); Physical Modeling, Digital Synthesis, Wave Sequencing, MDS (Multi-Dimensional Synthesis); KARMA and more
HD-1 High Definition Synthesizer - Flagship PCM, sampling and Wave Sequencing sound engine
Korg named the HD-1?High Definition? because of its superior sound, starting with Korg's proprietary low-aliasing sample playback oscillators, full?bandwidth multimode resonant filters, and extraordinarily fast & smooth envelopes and LFOs. Once again, Korg's SSD and Virtual Memory Technology (VMT) gives the HD-1 access to a larger sample set - gigabytes in size - than could be normally stored using internal memory. The HD-1 covers all of the essential sounds in exquisite detail, from orchestral to classic rock to hip-hop, all instantly available. The extensive array of samples provided by KRONOS is unparalleled by previous hardware synthesizers or samplers, and is a superb fit for film, video and sound effect work.
- Next-generation workstation with enhanced performance features
- 9 Sound engines, each offering a unique sound-creation technology (see list below)
- 16-part Combis allow all engines to function together in perfect harmony; Dynamic Voice Allocation keeps the polyphony high.
- Available with 61, 73 or 88 keys73 and 88 key models feature Korg?s finest RH3 Graded Hammer Action 61 key model borrows the responsive synth action from the Korg M3-61
- Comprehensive interface, based around a new large 8? TFT TouchView display
- Virtual Memory Technology (VMT), aided by a fast SSD (Solid State Disk) provides high polyphony and massive, ultra-long, and unlooped samples; offering unheard of performance from a hardware instrument
- Smooth Sound Transition: this often-requested feature allows held or sustained notes to keep sounding when changing sounds or modes.
- Set List mode: Organize the Programs, Combis, and Songs you need to perform your set in a single, easy-to-select screen ? including performance notes!
- Use up to 16 premium-quality effects at once; individual effects rival dedicated units
- 12 Insert effects
- 2 Master effects
- 2 Total effects
- On-board sequencer offers 16 MIDI tracks + 16 audio tracks (24-bit, 48kHz recording quality)
- Sampling System - Instant sampling and resampling from any mode:
- Program, Combination or Sequencer.
- Sophisticated KARMA technology generates infinitely variable performance-driven phrases, musical effects, and backing tracks to catalyze your creativity
- Expanded Drum Track for play-along grooves and inspiration
- Signature sounds created with guidance from world class musicians
"There is no doubt that this is the new benchmark for both sounds and features - it's the new keyboard to beat... Simply put, Korg have made one of the best-sounding and most fully featured keyboards to date." - Future Music Magazine, Issue 241