The Pa588 - an 88-key, piano action instrument that's packed with enjoyment. Perform using the rich piano sound, while enjoying the accompaniment of a professional backup band. Enhance your piano performance with a fully-realized and musical arrangement. For the musician, composer, performer and entertainer, the interactive Pa588 is the perfect musical partner. Our RX (Real eXperience) technology delivers a sound unprecedented in a digital piano.
- Serious piano sound and pro-quality arranger features in a stylish body.
- World-class multilayer stereo acoustic piano accurately sampled from a Concert Grand (including String Resonance and Damper pedal noise), 880 other built-in sounds and 56 Drumkits.
- TouchView display lets you operate the Pa588 simply by touching the screen. Switch from ?Expert? to Easy? mode for a simplified display and larger, easier to select icons.
- "Play Piano" feature brings you back to the joy of playing piano at the touch of a button.
- 88-note Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 (RH3) keyboard provides grand piano-like playing feel.
- More than 320 sophisticated "styles" created by top-level arrangers from around the world.
- Backing Sequencer captures each Style instrument to a separate track in a single pass, so it's easy to record your piano performance backed by a lavish arrangement.
- Crossfade between songs during playback using the XDS double sequencer, just like a DJ.
- "Guitar Mode" assigns the pitches of the guitar strings to the keyboard, allowing you to produce realistic picking and strumming patterns.
- High quality bass-reflex speakers produce sound with superb presence and clarity. The Pa588 is ready to deliver stunning performances as soon as you switch it on.
- A keyboard stand, mountable damper pedal, and a music rack are included.
An entertainment piano with top-quality sounds and a stylish body
The Pa588 provides piano sounds that have been lavishly sampled at multiple velocity levels from one of the world's best grand pianos, keeping nuance and definition while adding the ornamentation of the hammer noise and the sympathetic string resonance of the damper pedal action. Even delicate pianissimo notes will richly convey the music expression of the performer. The damper pedal that is so indispensable for serious piano performance also supports half-pedaling (will be available only in the Grand Piano RX), allowing you to express all the nuances of your performance.Using the same EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) found in the Korg M3 Music Workstation, the Pa588 delivers more than 880 additional, realistic pro-quality sounds. These sounds include a wide variety of expressive instruments including sax, strings, bass, and much more, giving you a vast range of performance possibilities. Professional sounds, stunning backing patterns, a stylish design, the combination of these elements allows your performance to express the rich depth and tonal detail of a grand piano that play with a band ? recreating the true Korg "Real eXperience".
Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 keyboard provides the playing feel of a grand piano
Korg's proprietary Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 (RH3) keyboard was developed from exhaustive research into grand piano action, and is designed to allow expressively natural performance. The hammer weight is varied across four stages from low to high registers, replicating the way in which a grand piano's action is heavier in the low notes and lighter as you play upward.
Intuitive interface for smooth operation
The Pa588 features a large TouchView display that you operate simply by touching it. If you're a beginner or performing live, you can use "Easy Mode" for a simplified display with easy visibility and smooth operation. Regardless of the screen you're in or the sound you're playing, you can always use the "Play Piano" button to instantly change to the main Piano sound and start playing.
"Styles" provide sophisticated backing patterns to accompany your piano playing
The Pa588 contains more than 320 fully detailed and complete "styles," created by professional artists from around the world. Each style is a complete musical environment, providing variations, introductions, fills, breaks, endings and variations. The Style engine follows your timing, chord changes and voice leading to create a powerful musical performance automatically, with no pre-programming required. You can choose styles from a wide range such as jazz, latin, country, pop, rock, techno, and more, and use intros, endings, fill-ins and variations to add variety to the accompaniment, making your performance a full-fledged song.
"Guitar Mode" for realistic guitar performance
The Pa588 provides a Guitar mode that automatically converts your playing into the voicing harmony and chord data distinctive of a guitar. When creating a user style, simply select a chord and specify a capo position, and then use the keyboard to enter the distinctive playing patterns that are typical of a guitar, such as picking and strumming. "RX technology" reproduces subtle nuances such as the sound of your finger sliding on the string as you change chords and the characteristic fret noises of a guitar, bringing your performances a heightened sense of realism when you play and record using guitar sounds.
Backing Sequencer captures multiple Style instruments in a single pass
The Pa588 contains a 16-track 55,000 note multi-track sequencer. In addition to the conventional way of recording in which you manually record each part one by one, you can also use the Backing Sequencer function to record each instrument of a style-generated accompaniment in real-time, in a single pass. This lets you create a song very quickly by using your favorite styles. You can also simply step in the chords and create an entire arrangement without playing a single note. During playback, the XDS dual sequencer can play one sequence file as you load another. Using the DJ-style crossfader, you can seamlessly crossfade between them for non-stop entertainment.