Novation Lanchpad Features/Specifications:
With a multi-colour 64-button grid and dedicated scene launch buttons, Launchpad is purpose built for triggering and manipulating clips in Live, it also offers a totally new way of controlling Ableton Live's mixer. Launchpad's buttons can be used to sketch out beats with drum racks, and they can be assigned to other functions in Live using Ableton's 'Learn' mode.
Launchpad ships with a dedicated 'Launchpad edition' of Ableton Live 8, but can control almost any other music software using Novation's award-winning 'Automap' control software.
- Launch clips and scenes: Launchpad's 64-button grid and dedicated scene launch buttons are ideal for launching and controlling your clips and scenes.
- Innovative control over your mix: Including volume, pans, sends, track arming, soloing and muting. Launchpad lets you jump to different levels across eight channels at once.
- Sketch out beats: Launchpad can be used to play drum racks, creating beats and triggering samples in real time.
- Controlling other functions: Launchpad can be used to control other functions using Ableton's 'Learn' mode. This includes Ableton's knobs and faders, which can be assigned to rows of buttons on Launchpad.
With Multiple Units:
Launchpad supports multiple unit operation. Connect up to 3 Launchpads at a time. Expand your grid with multiple Launchpads, or have one Launchpad dedicated to mixer mode, and the other to launching clips.
Expand your Ableton control solution
Novation's Automap-enabled controllers work seamlessly together - a ZeRO SL MkII to control the mix, whilst Launchpad triggers clips!
Launchpad can also be control other DAWs and plug-ins using Novation's Automap control software. Automap can assign controls to software parameters on VST/AU/RTAS/TDM plug-ins by simply clicking on them, and touching a controller!
For instant, intelligent control over VST/AU/RTAS/TDM plug-ins and all MIDI compatible standalone software applications.
See what you're triggering:
Automap provides a customizable heads-up transparent display across your computer screen. Ideal for seeing at a glance samples that you're about to trigger.
Unleash the power of QWERTY keyboard shortcuts:
Automap PRO, an optional upgrade available to purchase online, lets you assign almost any computer keyboard shortcut, and combinations thereof, to Launchpads buttons.
Old-school MIDI control:l
Utilising Automap, Launchpad can operate as a standard MIDI controller, creating custom MIDI maps with 72 of its buttons transmitting either CC or MIDI note data.
Flexible trigger platform for Max MSP and Reaktor programmers:
Programmers can utilise variable brightness and multi-colour LED states to their full advantage when designing new and innovative tools in Max MSP and Reaktor.
Max for Live:
Max is a visual programming environment which allows you to custom build instruments and effects. Ableton announced 'Max for Live' when they launched Live 8. This means that Max and Ableton are now integrated, so you can build your own instruments (or tweak other people's) within Live.
Launchpad can be used to control these instruments. For example, parameters on Max for Live's step sequencer can be triggered using Launchpad's buttons. Launchpad gives you a huge amount of visual feedback. Multiple colours and brightnesses across different buttons display visual information about whether the note is on, the velocity, note length, pitch, and whatever else you want to see!
Physical controls and Indicators:
- 64 (8x8 grid) square multi-colour back-lit buttons
- 8 round multi-colour back-lit system buttons (assignable)
- 8 round multi-colour back-lit function buttons (not assignable)
- L-shaped USB 1.1 connector.
Minimum Operational Requirements:
- OS: 10.4, or later recommended
- Computer: G4 or faster / Intel Mac
- Memory (RAM): 512 MB RAM / 1 GB recommended
- OS: Windows XP or Vista
- Computer: 1.5 GHz or faster
- Memory (RAM): 512 MB RAM / 1 GB recommended
- Unit: W = 240 mm / 9.45" , H = 20 mm / 0.79", D = 240 mm / 9.45"
- Unit weight: 717gms /unit
"The Butons also feel like they would easily withstand the kind of sustained bashing that we musicians love to dish out."
"We can't imagine that many Live users who take their show on the road will regret buying a launchpad."
Computer Music Magazine - Nov 2009
Ableton Live 8 Features/Specifications:
Ableton Live version 8 enhances the Ableton vision of creative, real-time digital music sequencer with a wealth of new techniques, plug-ins and most-wanted workflow improvements.
Improving on the unique features that make Ableton Live the popular choice for performing musicians, Live 8 brings a wealth of new, innovative features.
Click on the link below to download a video introduction to Ableton Live 8