While this is an entry model, discerning attention has been paid to its sound, touch, and design. Needless to say, it comes with a metronome function and 3-track recorder to help you make progress. The "Twin Piano" feature is convenient for one-on-one lessons. Centralised Control Panel with dedicated buttons assures intuitive operations. By connecting two headphones, two players can practice independently at the same time. The HP302 achieves low power consumption while delivering a dynamic piano sound that is above its class.
SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine
The HP302 is equipped with our newly developed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, which was born by bringing together V-Piano technology and 88-key stereo multisampling technology. This new sound engine is the product of Roland's deep research of the characteristics of acoustic pianos, with the goal of faithfully reproducing the rich tone and expressivity of a concert grand piano. The maximum polyphony of 128 is more than enough for even the most complex pieces.
Expressivity in every single key
Each of the 88 notes on a grand piano has its own character, due to the fact that the strings are different sizes and lengths, use different materials, and are struck by hammers of different sizes. These differences create variations in the tone colour and resonance of each note. For the new SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, Roland sampled all 88 notes of a variety of world-class pianos and used its unique digital technology to faithfully reproduce the full, rich tone and expressivity of the world's finest pianos.
Expressivity according to the player's touch
Pianos produce differences not only in volume, but also subtle variations in tone colour, depending on how forcefully the key is struck. Using Roland's latest technology, the SuperNATURAL piano sound engine delivers natural and seamless changes in tone colour in response to the player's touch. Its expanded dynamic range supports the most advanced and subtle techniques, just as one would expect in an acoustic grand piano.
Expressivity of decaying sounds
The natural decay of notes and beautiful lingering tones are important elements of a piano's sound. The decaying sound of an acoustic piano not only decreases in volume, but also gradually changes in colour to a softer tone. The SuperNATURAL piano sound engine replicates this natural decay, just as in an acoustic grand.
PHA II (Progressive Hammer Action) Keyboard with Escapement
For the most authentic acoustic grand piano feel, the HP302 is equipped with the new PHA II keyboard with Escapement. This amazing keyboard technology offers the same natural response as a grand piano, with a heavier touch in the lower range and lighter touch in the upper, and with lighter resistance on pianissimo passages and stronger resistance on fortissimo just like a well-maintained acoustic grand. It even faithfully reproduces the escapement "click feel" of a grand-piano action.
The HP302 is available in gorgeous wood cabinets with Rosewood or Satin Black finishes. The HP302 offers Classic Position key lids that can be positioned to conceal the control panel, as well as elegant and solid front legs, classically shaped triple pedals and a convenient music score holder on music stopper.
Two Pianos in One!
For side-by-side practice or performance, you can divide the keyboard into left and right zones with Twin Piano mode, which allows two people to play the same range of pitches. It's like having two independent pianos spread across one keyboard. You can choose to have the two zones blended or separated (Individual mode) so sound of the right-hand keyboard zone is heard only from the right speaker and the sound of the left-hand zone is heard only in the left speaker. Similarly, with headphones, you can blend the zones in both headphones or separate them with the two headphone outputs.
Extra Enjoyment with Play-Along Backing Tracks
The new HP302 is packed with a library of play-along songs, from classical to jazz. You can also play songs in a variety of formats, including commercially available SMF music files or audio files stored on your USB flash memory (sold separately), and audio CDs (*1). With built-in songs and SMF music files, you can designate which parts to play back. Play an orchestra backing part and play the piano part on top of it with your right hand to create a powerful ensemble performance. Since you can alter the key and tempo independently, you can slow down the playback of songs you are learning, or change the key of the song depending on the vocal range. The possibilities are endless. You can also use the Centre Cancel function to minimise the melody part on an audio CD, and play along with one hand. You can also jam or sing with your favourite band.
*1 Optional CD-01A is required.
Low Power Consumption
With its highly efficient speakers and power supply circuitry, the HP302 achieves low power consumption while delivering a dynamic piano sound that performs beyond expectations.
- Amazing SuperNATURAL Piano sound
- PHA II keyboard with Escapement
- "Classic Position" lids can conceal the control panel for beautiful appearance and concentration during performance
- Front legs for luxurious look, classically shaped triple pedals
- Advanced Twin Piano mode (Individual mode) lets two players perform side by side on the same keyboard with separate zoning and discrete outputs
- USB host for USB memory and optional CD player
- Keyboard: 88 keys (PHA II Keyboard with Escapement))
- Touch Sensitivity: 5 levels / Fixed Touch
- Keyboard Mode: Whole, Dual (volume balance adjustable), Split (split point adjustable), Twin piano
Sound Generator (Conforms to GM2/GS/XGlite):
- Piano Sound: SuperNATURAL Piano Sound
- Max. Polyphony: 128 voices
- Tones: 337 tones (including 8 drum sets, 1 SFX set)
- Temperament: 8 types, selectable temperament Key
- Stretched Tuning: On, Off
- Master Tuning: 415.3 to 466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Transpose: -6 to +5 (in semitones)
- Playback Transpose (with Audio CD/Audio File): -6 to +5 (in semitones)
- Effects: Reverb (Off, 1 to 10), Rotary Speaker Effect (only for organ tones, Slow/Fast)
- Only for Piano Tones: Damper Resonance (Off, 1 to 10), String Resonance (Off, 1 to 10), Key Off Resonance (Off, 1 to 10)
- Tracks: 3 tracks
- Songs: Recorder section: 1 song - Internal Memory: Max. 99 songs
- Note Storage: Approx. 30,000 notes
- Control: Song Select - Play/Stop - Rec - Rewinding - Fast-forwarding - Track Mute - Mute Volume - Tempo - Tempo Mute - All Songs Play - Count-in - Song Volume - Center Cancel (only for audio playback)
- Tempo: Quarter note = 10 to 500 - Audio Playback Speed: 75-125
- Resolution: 120 ticks per quarter note
- Metronome: Beat: 2/2, 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
Volume: 0 to 10 levels
- Songs: Max. 99 songs
- Save Song: Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)
- Internal Songs: 72 songs
- Rated Power Output: 12W x 2
- Volume Level (SPL): 105 dB - This figure is measured according to the method that is based on Roland's technical standard.
- Speakers: 12 cm x 2
- Display: 7 segments, 3 characters, LED
- Control: Volume
- Pedal: Damper (capable of continuous detection), Soft (capable of continuous detection, function assignable), Sostenuto (function assignable)
- Other Function: Panel Lock, Classic Position, V-LINK
- Power Consumption: 24 W
- AC inlet
- Input jacks (L/Mono, R)
- Output jacks (L/Mono, R)
- USB connector
- MIDI connectors (In, Out)
- Phones jack (Stereo) x 2
- External Memory connector
- Owner's Manual
- Power Cord
- AC adaptor
- Music book
- Headphones Hook
- Music Rest
- Music Rest attachment screws
Size and Weight:
- Width: 1,387 mm54-5/8 inches
- Depth: 424 mm16-3/4 inches
- Height: 1,036 mm40-13/16 inches
- Weight: 53.0 kg116 lbs. 14 oz.